Hello all!😀 Another short post today. ^_^
Thank you to everyone who said hi at the Home Show, haha. I didn’t expect yesterday’s LMs post to be so well-received. I’m glad it made your homestuff shopping easier! \(^o^)/
As I said in the post yesterday, there is a set landing point at Home Show. Meaning, double-click teleport will only return you back to Homeshow point of origin.
One of the more common questions I got today as I was lagging out at Home Show was ‘How do I bring up beacon?‘. So instead of repeating myself again and again, I thought I’d do a very quick post on how to.
The tedious way is: If you click on the LM directly from this blog, it will bring you to a new window displaying Second Life Maps. From there, you can click ‘Visit This Location’, and the TP window will pop up in your viewer. This almost always shows you a beacon.
However, what if you are as lazy as me and usually copy and paste SLurls straight into your viewer address tab? It will just ‘force land’ you to the set landing spot, and you will lose that beacon.
SO, a better way overall is to do this is:
The Bacon a Beacon!
- Hover your mouse over the LM
- Take note of the URL, the location might be different whichever web browser you’re using. I’m on Chrome
- Take note of the X/Y/Z coords.
- Input the X/Y/Z coords into the “Location” field.
- Take note of how the red dot will move as you input each value.
- And then wa~la, just either walk to the red dot according to your map, or fly up and find the red beacon!
Happy locating and happy shopping!
*Note: I derendered sky and clouds and was on Low to combat the lag. Pardon the ugly pic!