“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”
“In books I have traveled, not only to other worlds, but into my own.”
― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life
I had a lot of fun taking these pics! Come meet my bookworm moose (mooses? meese?): Morgan, Marty, Mabelle, Morris and Murphy. 😀 Mabelle is reading me a particularly exciting story, just look at me, haha.
My moose buddies convinced me to do Berry book meme while they are busy picking up scattered pages from my books. Oops. I guess I got too excited when it comes to reading…
Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.
- Are you a bookworm? –Yes! Or at least, I used to be, until blog reading took over. Blogworm? 😀 I still read a bit before bedtime.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – Electronic. I read a few books at a time, so having all in one device is very handy.
- Which book is your favorite? – I want to say Pride and Prejudice but to be honest, I’m really sick of it right now, thanks to Juno. XD So I’ll name Neuromancer by William Gibson.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – The Secret Garden. Even as a youngin, I’ve always yearned for greener pastures. Saving up for an acreage in the country somewhere, because at this minute, I really despise City life.
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – The Five Greatest Warrior by Matthew Reilly. To be honest, his writing is not that great. In fact…the writing is close to bad. However, his storytelling is top notch so whenever I ‘read’ his works, I have to pretend someone is telling me this story in a pub. I always pick up his books because I love how fast-paced his action scenes are, and I usually learn a horrifying new thing or two from his books (like rat torture method).
- Name your top five favorite writers: – I have a lot of favourites, but my library shows a lot of Neil Gaiman, Conn Iggulden, Bernard Cromwell, Terry Pratchett and G.R.R Martin.
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – My answer would be the same as Berry’s: The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I first read it in Indonesian (one of the languages I do speak and understand) when I was at the lowest point in my life. The book was like a stern but loving grandfather, trying to teach you a lesson through parables. So, like the Bible? XD I read the English version a few years ago and it didn’t impact me as much as the Indonesian translation did, but the message was still the same so that is what matters.
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I’d read just about anything except romance. I find them insipid and I can’t stand purple prosing. Any book that has to describe a man’s blue sparkling blue orbs, strong masculine jaw, throbbing member (lolololol!)…is guaranteed to bore the hell out of me.
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – The Hunger Games. The books was fun and engaging to read but the movies…oh dear….
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Yes, I recently bought Flock by Lyn Hughes, because the cover was pretty and it dealt with Australiana. I was greatly disappointed. 😦
- Where do you usually buy your books? – At my local Salvos, so I can carry a truckload of books for only $10! 😀
- Do you go to the library? – I used to when I was a penniless student and I had a lot of free time to read. Back then, I could easily read a book in a few days and return it to the Library on time. Nowadays, it takes me maybe a month to read a book, if I’m not too exhausted from work, so borrowing from the library for 2 weeks is not going to work so well.
- How many books do you own? – If I start counting, I would cry. My attempt to cataloging last year stopped at around 230 mark before I decide I have so much to live for. Like, buying new books.
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? How Not to SLive Zee’s Boring SLife.